Why is selling someone else's services easier than selling your services? So many people approach me asking for advice about this particular problem.
While I am no psychologist, I find many people tend to have personal problems disguised as business problems. The good news is there are ways to overcome these personal struggles; you just need to know how to disassociate your own identity from the role you provide.
In this episode, I look at why it's harder to sell your services instead of someone else's. I discuss the difference in standards we have when employed by someone else and when we are self-employed.
I share some ways to help overcome the difficulty of selling your services. You'll also hear an audience shout out to Otiti Jasmine for her wonderful review.
“When you are employed by somebody else you have to hold yourself up to a certain standard. You have to do the marketing activity, or you get fired. You have to have the sales meetings, or you get fired. When you become self-employed you don't always hold yourself to the same standard.”
This week on Book Yourself Solid® Marketing For Coaches Podcast:
- An audience shout out to Otiti Jasmine
- Reasons why people struggle to sell their services and not someone else's
- My Action Based Coaching Plan
- Defining a sales job and how it reflects on our value
- Selling a persona instead of selling yourself
- How to determine what personal information you share contributes to your brand
- Why a patented intellectual process can help you sell yourself
- Otiti Jasmine
- The Coaching Industry in Crisis? Ruth Kudzi Weighs In
- A Red Velvet Rope Policy for Your Coaching Business
- How Coaches Should Answer the Question “Can I Pick Your Brain?”
- Mike Michalowicz Podcast
- Book Yourself Solid
- You Can’t Teach a Kid to Ride a Bike At a Seminar, by David Sandler
Get More Clients in 60 Days!
Did you know there are five simple things you can do each morning that can help you get more client enquiries, book yourself solid, and skyrocket your bottom line?
My free e-book: Five Things You Need To Do Every Morning To Get You More Clients In 60 Days walks you through 5 easy, straight-forward, and effective marketing strategies that I recommend to every coach. These five simple techniques will almost guarantee you achieve increased impact, opportunity, and prospect flow.
Are you ready to get more clients, reduce stress, and increase your bottom line? Claim your free copy of the Five Things You Need To Do Every Morning To Get You More Clients in 60 Days by visiting my website.
Get More Leads, Prospects & Clients
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Book Yourself Solid’s Marketing for Coaches podcast. The show that talks about marketing…for coaches. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help me reach more coaches, like you.