Picture this: it’s a rainy day outside and you’re lying comfortably on your sofa, watching reruns of your favorite TV shows or your Netflix series of choice, enjoying a cup of hot cocoa. With so many delightful distractions, motivation for coaches can be challenging.
When you’re in a very comfortable position, it’s hard to get up and motivate yourself to achieve your goals in life or business. But we can’t expect our coaching business to grow by itself: leads won’t generate themselves nor will our target markets barge in our doors like a deus ex machina and sign a contract with us.
As a self-employed coach who runs a one-person business, you owe it to yourself to hold yourself to a standard as if you were your business’s salaried employee.
In this episode, I discuss why I believe coaches are so incredibly lazy and offer advice on how to fix it. I illustrate the correlation between lead generation activity and leads that you make and describe how people commonly make excuses for their lack of monthly sales.
I share realizations I recently had as I was doing my morning sales routine and highlight a more effective way to reach your target market. I also discuss the importance of holding yourself to a higher standard of making sales for your business and explain why you need to have a coach of your own to guide you in your coaching business.
“There is a direct correlation between the legitimate marketing activity that you do and the number of leads that you generate. We can’t expect results without any activity.”Matthew Kimberley
This week on Book Yourself Solid® Marketing For Coaches Podcast:
- The power of repetition and the most common problem people come to me for help
- The correlation between the sales conversations you make and the actual sales you make
- What happens to many coaches who aren’t fully on-board with the idea of coaching for a living
- Addressing the growth-challenged coach and why networking works for me while it doesn’t for others
- Making inroads, lead generation, and the importance of identifying, testing, and validating your target market
- An ineffective way to market towards dentists
- A question of honesty and looking at the numbers that truly matter to your business
- Holding yourself to the same standard as you would a salaried sales employee
- Why you need a coach to guide you in your coaching business
Get More Clients in 60 Days!
Did you know there are five simple things you can do each morning that can help you get more client enquiries, book yourself solid, and skyrocket your bottom line?
My free e-book: Five Things You Need To Do Every Morning To Get You More Clients In 60 Days walks you through 5 easy, straight-forward, and effective marketing strategies that I recommend to every coach. These five simple techniques will almost guarantee you achieve increased impact, opportunity, and prospect flow.
So, if you’re ready to get more clients, reduce stress, and increase your bottom line, claim your free copy of the Five Things You Need To Do Every Morning To Get You More Clients in 60 Days by visiting my website.
Get More Leads, Prospects & Clients
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Book Yourself Solid’s Marketing for Coaches podcast, the show that talks about marketing…for coaches. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help me reach more coaches, like you.