There’s something great about keeping things simple, light, and lean: it avoids the “everything creep” that could easily swamp your business.
Throughout my years in the industry, I’ve noticed that coaches exponentially increase their expenses as soon as they see a degree of success in their business.
This is understandable, of course, especially if they’re investing their money and other resources into tools that could make business operations smoother and more efficient.
Today, I discuss what the “everything creep” is and explain why it’s critical to be aware of it. I illustrate coaches’ penchant to try every task management software and other tools to make their businesses more efficient.
I share the story of two of my highly regarded mentors and what they taught me about keeping business operations simple. I also emphasize the importance of focusing our efforts on sales and marketing, especially when we’re running a lean operation and reveal the bare essentials required to run a thriving coaching business.
“‘Everything creep’ is when you burden yourself with added expenses from extra stuff. But it’s nice to get things done with just a cigarette, lighter, and chewing gum à la MacGyver.”Matthew Kimberley
This week on Book Yourself Solid® Marketing For Coaches Podcast:
- What the “everything creep” is and why it’s important to be aware of it
- The tendency of coaches to dramatically increase their expenses
- Instances of getting “the creeps” in your coaching business
- The joys of ‘MacGyvering’ your business operations and keeping it lean
- A tale of two mentors
- My lifelong quest for operational smoothness and the perfect system to catalogue my thoughts
- Focusing on your coaching business’s Big Rocks and how to get off the hamster wheel of minute improvement
- Why a mentor of mine regularly gets coffee from a McDonald’s Cafe – despite having lots of money
- Splashing money when we’ve earned it and where we should focus our resources
- The bare minimum of a thriving coaching business
Get More Clients in 60 Days!
Did you know there are five simple things you can do each morning that can help you get more client enquiries, book yourself solid, and skyrocket your bottom line?
My free e-book: Five Things You Need To Do Every Morning To Get You More Clients In 60 Days walks you through 5 easy, straight-forward, and effective marketing strategies that I recommend to every coach. These five simple techniques will almost guarantee you achieve increased impact, opportunity, and prospect flow.
So, if you’re ready to get more clients, reduce stress, and increase your bottom line, claim your free copy of the Five Things You Need To Do Every Morning To Get You More Clients in 60 Days by visiting my website.
Get More Leads, Prospects & Clients
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Book Yourself Solid’s Marketing for Coaches podcast, the show that talks about marketing…for coaches. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help me reach more coaches, like you.